Ben Schafer

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ben Schafer

Post  jbschafer on Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:34 am

Hello everyone. My name is Ben. I teach computer science at the University of Northern Iowa. I was one of the folks asked to read 25 in 2005 by Doug but I weaseled out of it. I pondered "with two kids who has time to read?"

Well, now I have three children (8, almost 5, and 1) and I have even less time, but I am tired of not reading for the sake of reading. I posted a note on my facebook page yesterday that indicated that I was commited to reading this year and referenced Doug's original challenge in the note. Doug invited me to check out the site and post my book reviews here as well.

jbschafer
2011 (0-5) Expendable Red Shirt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ben Schafer

Post  jrpstonecarver on Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:35 am

And once again I get to say "Welcome!"

I was also guilty of not joining Doug's site in 2005, at least initially. But then one of my all time favorite authors started a new series, and I felt obliged to talk about it. One thing lead to another and here I am.

Congrats on the family. I'm sure you are *very* busy, but reading is a good thing all 'round. Be sure you're reading to the kids too, and count those books here if you want!

Cheers!
jrpstonecarver
2011 (31-40) Spock
2011 (31-40) Spock

View user profile http://www.bangtherockstogether.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  jbschafer on Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:05 pm

jrpstonecarver wrote: Be sure you're reading to the kids too, and count those books here if you want!

Oh believe me, reading to the kids is a frequent must at our house. I strongly believe in it and the kids love it. It's the only "real" reading I have done the last few years. Besides, it is a great excuse to reread some of the things I loved as a kid (Little House, the Great Brain, EB White, etc) as well as not feel dumb about reading the current round of kids literature (Magic Tree House, A-Z mysteries, etc). I'll work a review of a couple of these into here at some point.

jbschafer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top