11. Road Map to Holland (Jennifer Graf Groneberg)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

11. Road Map to Holland (Jennifer Graf Groneberg)

Post  Ren on Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:58 am

: How I Found My Way Through My Son's First Two Years With Down Syndrome (subtitle)

Montana wife and mother Groneberg traces in her tenderly moving account the life-changing realization after the premature birth of her twin boys that one of them, Avery, has Down syndrome. Utterly unprepared for the emergency C-section of the seven-week-early preemies, Groneberg and her writer husband, Tom, the parents of a four-year-old, are devastated by the news about Avery, and they must gradually alter their easygoing future plans about raising their kids.
Copyright ©️ Reed Business Information

Finished reading it on May 20, 2009

You may have heard the other part of this title.... where having a baby with DS is compared to preparing for a trip to Italy.. everyone is going to Italy... you read and prepare for all the things you are going to and see when you get there, but when you get off the plane... you find yourself in Holland... and almost everything you have done to prepare for the trip is no longer pertinent. (Welcome To Holland by Emily Perl Kingsley)

Again, as a special educator, I am drawn to books like this one, where families provide observers with a first-hand account of their experiences. While everyone approaches their lives differently in lieu of the gifts they are given, it helps one gain an understanding of that particular set of circumstances.

Ren
2011 (0-5) Expendable Red Shirt
2011 (0-5) Expendable Red Shirt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top