15. The Story of Edgar Sawtelle (David Wroblewski)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

15. The Story of Edgar Sawtelle (David Wroblewski)

Post  Ren on Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:34 am

In the backwoods of Wisconsin, the Sawtelle family—Gar, Trudy and their young son, Edgar—carry on the family business of breeding and training dogs. Edgar, born mute, has developed a special relationship and a unique means of communicating with Almondine, one of the Sawtelle dogs, a fictional breed distinguished by personality, temperament and the dogs' ability to intuit commands and to make decisions. Raising them is an arduous life, but a satisfying one for the family until Gar's brother, Claude, a mystifying mixture of charm and menace, arrives. When Gar unexpectedly dies, mute Edgar cannot summon help via the telephone. His guilt and grief give way to the realization that his father was murdered.....
Copyright ©️ Reed Business Information

Finished reading on June 24, 2009
Got it for Christmas 2008, but other books needed to be read for discussion prior to this one... then this one ended up being a selection one of the book groups anyway... though I missed the discussion of it because I ended up being on vacation at the time.

I really liked reading it...... though was disappointed at the end.... if I recall, it felt like it ended too abruptly. Overall, it was very engaging and held me page after page (all 608 of them).

Ren
2011 (0-5) Expendable Red Shirt
2011 (0-5) Expendable Red Shirt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top