19. Dearly Devoted Dexter by Jeff Lindsay

View previous topic View next topic Go down

19. Dearly Devoted Dexter by Jeff Lindsay

Post  twunny on Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:21 pm

The continuing adventures of the character that inspired the Showtime series "Dexter" (One of the best shows ever, by the way.)

Once again, there is a maniac on the loose in Miami. One that isn't Dexter. This man is a lunatic doctor looking for revenge on some old army buddies. He is nearly impossible to comprehend and nearly impossible to catch. But Dexter must try.

I'm very intrigued by the differences between the books and the series. Some things here would not work on television (some of it even too graphic for Showtime, and if you've ever seen "Dexter", you know that that is really saying something.) And some things I think are a matter of taste. The books are very graphic. I find it harder to like the Dexter in the books. He's less realistic and a hell of a lot more self-deprecating. Perhaps cleverer under pressure, but...not as cool as he could be.

I'm very excited to read more of the books. Only two to go, and then...well, what am I supposed to do until Season 5 comes on? Probably watch seasons 1-4 again.

twunny
2011 (0-5) Expendable Red Shirt
2011 (0-5) Expendable Red Shirt

View user profile http://www.theatreus.org

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top